Friday, December 13, 2013

Book Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Title: Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Published: July 31, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10194514-pushing-the-limits?from_search=true 

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with freaky scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
 
 I don’t know if I can review this right it’s just that… it is really cute! I was thrilled and confused at the same time. The story of Echo and Noah is inspiring, I like how they stand by each other and hold on together whatever happened through their ups and downs. I look at this book as an inspiration about love especially when you’re struggling. Their love story is stunning despite the imperfections. I’m confused because of what happened to Echo, at first I really don’t know what’s up with her being called crazy but I like how she fought.

Echo is a girl who struggled with her life just to be normal again and to have her memory back, she’s a strong woman regardless of what happened to her. Her brother died, and she lost her mom too, she had a broken family and her dad loves another woman who is currently pregnant. With the help of her friends she tried her best to change. She was assigned to Noah, she’ll tutor him and motivate until their graduation. From then on, their paths crossed and they fell in love with each other. Noah is a good man but because of his messed up life he’s kind of messed up too. Their romance changed both of their lives, they learned to hold on each other and they become stronger. They learned to fight until the big change comes.

This is how I see the book. I’m not sure to other readers but yeah, I like it. It’s cool and lovely. It took me one week to read this book (I know!) because of my work and I feel sad, gosh one week! But I’m glad I’m done with it, though I want something more, I want more Echo and Noah story.

I love Noah!!! (That’s the truth)

My Rating



KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebook and Goodreads. 



-- CURRENT GIVEAWAYS --

Bookmarks from Katie McGarry will be given away soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...