Monday, November 28, 2016

Book Review: Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn


Title: Forget Tomorrow
Author: Pintip Dunn
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: November 03, 2015

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24804505-forget-tomorrow

Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided…by your future self.

It’s Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she’s eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they’re meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.

Or in Callie’s case, a criminal.

In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes the hellish prison.

But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all.

Callie herself.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. No payments made between me and the publisher.


First of all I want to thank the author for giving me a chance to read and review her book. I've been curious with this since I saw a post from my fellow book blogger. Also, who won't be attracted with the book cover? I love how it was designed and it is so attractive! I want to have a hard copy of this book! It will look good on my shelves! 

Reading this book was quite challenging for me. It took me three to four tries before I continue reading and it took me a month before I finish the book, if you think that it was bad, it wasn't! It's just that I haven't read a book like that for a long time since I've been reading contemporary lately, aside from that I was just busy at work and I can't read much. The book was nice and it has a promising story, I actually got curious at the middle part of it but I can't lie about the slow paced story. The book revolves around Callie and her "future" that involves killing her sister. She's been through a lot and she had a chance to live a normal life but her love for her sister can't be ignored. Her mission is to save her only sister and the question was how will she do it? Can't reveal much but the ending of the book is like fifty-fifty for me so it made me want to read the second book right away! (Thank you for the copy!).

Callie and Logan has a chemistry together but on this book, it feels like there's still a wall between them. I guess that's because of the five years gap of not talking but it isn't something that can't be fixed. I hope in book two, there will be more connection between them and I think what I like about Logan is that he has cool powers!

Despite of the hindrances, I'm glad that I finished it. Maybe it wasn't what I expected but I am looking forward for the second book. I'm just really curious on how will Callie save her sister. Will she be able to save her? or still kill her? I guess readers must find this out!

"We can't live our lives in fear of the future. We have to make the right decision, for today, and trust that tomorrow will work itself out."

 My Ratings


When her first-grade teacher asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, Pintip replied, “An author.” Although she has pursued other interests over the years, this dream has never wavered.

Pintip graduated from Harvard University, magna cum laude, with an A.B. in English Literature and Language. She received her J.D. at Yale Law School, where she was an editor of the YALE LAW JOURNAL. 


Pintip is represented by literary agent Beth Miller of Writers House. She is a 2012 RWA Golden Heart® finalist and a 2014 double-finalist. 


She lives with her husband and children in Maryland.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...