Saturday, November 12, 2016

Book Review: The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon


Title: The Sun Is Also A Star
Author: Nicola Yoon
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: November 01, 2016



Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. No payments made between me and the publisher.



I've been a fan of Nicola Yoon ever since I read Everything, Everything. I fell in love with that book instantly and now, I've been looking forward reading The Sun Is Also A Star with high expectations, and to be honest, the author never failed to amaze me. The Sun Is Also A Star is another worth buying and reading book.

The book is all about a Jamaican girl who will be deported because of their expired visas and documents. And about a Korean-American boy who will be having his interview for Yale to study a doctorate degree. Their paths crossed in an unplanned way, their story started in a weird way but everything worked out for them. Tested love in scientific way, random questions and other adventurous things just for a day with a complete stranger. It's funny how someone who doesn't mean so much to you before became your world just being with them for a day.

"You can't persuade someone to love you"

With all honesty, this was the only book I read during my long weekend break, I was busy from the previous days and this book was out November 1st, Belated Happy Book Birthday again! I love everything about this book. The cover? It is stunning! I love the color combination of the cover. It is perfect! I can stare at it all day without getting tired. The story? I really enjoyed reading it, such a light read and the story is catchy which is impossible to ignore. The book gave me hope even at the ending. I knew it wouldn't end bad but still I got carried away with the story and my guesses were mixed up, I'm grateful that the book ended in a good way.

Words aren't enough to describe about The Sun Is Also A Star. I get this hyper feeling that I want to spoil everyone with what was written but I knew I can't. I just can't… readers have to find it out on their own. All I can say is that, I love this book and I'm looking forward for more Nicola Yoon masterpiece.

"Sometimes the truth can hurt more than you expect"
  
My Ratings







Nicola Yoon grew up in Jamaica (the island) and Brooklyn (part of Long Island). She currently resides in Los Angeles, CA with her husband and daughter, both of whom she loves beyond all reason. Everything, Everything is her first novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...