Friday, December 16, 2016

Book Review: The Secrets We Keep by Deb Loughead


Title: The Secrets We Keep
Author: Deb Loughead
Publisher: Dundurn
Published: December 10, 2016



First she blamed herself. Now she doesn’t know who to trust.

When Kit disappeared at a party and was found drowned in the quarry the next day, Clem knew who to point the finger at: herself. She was the last person to see him alive, the last person who could have helped. If she had just kept a closer eye on him instead of her crush, Jake, maybe Kit would still be here. She knows she made a mistake, and wishes she could just forget about it — but Clem’s friend Ellie says she’ll expose Clem’s secret if she doesn’t play along with Ellie’s lies.

Jake seems to have his own difficult secrets, and when he and Clem start to talk, they make a plan to help themselves move on. But when an unexpected discovery at the quarry makes everyone question what they thought they knew, Clem and Jake decide it’s up to them to uncover the truth.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. No payments made between me and the publisher.


First of all I want to thank the publisher for the opportunity to read this book. I was intrigued when I saw this on NetGalley so I immediately requested this. The blurb and book title was catchy. I do want to know what were their secrets so...I decided to proceed reading this one.

I don't read much mystery related book but this one is an exemption, I enjoyed reading this. It was confusing at first but the story changes fast and the reader will be able to catch up right away. If you'll look at the details closely you'll be able to pick up the clues from what happened that night when Kit disappeared. The story wasn't that long either and it was straight forward mostly it was focused on finding how Kit died. 

Another thing I loved about this book was how Clem, Jake and Ellie found closure with each other. After all the things that happened to them, they still had each others back. 

My Rating

 


Deb Loughead, a Toronto author, poet and workshop leader, has been writing since she learned how to read. In fact, she’s saved everything she’s ever written, including her very first composition entitled “A Narrow Escape for a Mouse” which she often reads during her classroom visits! As of 2015, Deb has published over 35 books for children and Young Adults.  

Source: Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...