Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

About the book:

The war against Voldemort is not going well; even the Muggle governments are noticing. Ron scans the obituary pages of the Daily Prophet, looking for familiar names. Dumbledore is absent from Hogwarts for long stretches of time, and the Order of the Phoenix has already suffered losses. 

And yet, as with all wars, life goes on. Sixth-year students learn to Apparate—and lose a few eyebrows in the process. Teenagers flirt and fight and fall in love. Classes are never straightforward, though Harry receives some extraordinary help from the mysterious Half-Blood Prince.

So it's the home front that takes center stage in the multi-layered sixth installment of the story of Harry Potter. Here at Hogwarts, Harry will search for the full and complex story of the boy who became Lord Voldemort—and thereby find what may be his only vulnerability.
Source: Goodreads

--- Book Review ---

Finally I'm done with the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I'm really looking forward to the last book. I'm excited to know what will happen since I wasn't able to watch the last movie. 

I honestly love the book, so many twists and all. I like the part where Harry Potter started his lessons with Dumbledore and how they look at the past. As a reader, I find it interesting to know what really happened in the past where did Lord Voldemort started and how did he become a villain. 

I love also the twists on love, from Ginny and Dean to Ginny and Harry which made me happy because that's what Harry really wants and also from Lavander and Ron to Hermione and Ron. That's really unpredictable because Ron hate Hermione for being too opinionated person. But honestly it's cute. 

It's just that it made me sad when Dumbledore died, on that part I don't feel any thrill. I meant yes there's the fight scene from the cave and then until Malfoy threatened Dumbledore and Snape was the one who killed Dumbledore. I know the spell he used was the powerful one but, I expect it to have more fight scenes because of the Death Eaters in the castle and all besides. It's just that the death of Dumbledore is inappropriate on that part , he is the most powerful wizard and how come he was defeated easily? too old? maybe. But of course I was really sad because he died, but there's this a question inside my mind, "is Dumbledore really dead?" and that's what I'm gonna look for on the last book. 

I love the book so much, although that's my opinion it doesn't mean I hate the book already. I really love it, I'm just curious leader here and I like Dumbledore so much for he is like the remaining wizard guardian of Harry. I really really love the book and I'm excited to read the last part of it.

Thank you for reading guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...