Saturday, June 8, 2013

Book Review: PODs by Michelle K. Pickett

Title: PODs
Author: Michelle K. Pickett
Publisher:  Spencer Hills Press
Published: June 4, 2013
Pages: 312
Source: owned (ARC Paperback)
 
 
Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.

"What about PODs?" that's the first question that comes into my mind. I don't know what to expect since I saw this, will I like this? or will I disappoint myself? but you know? Since I started reading it, I can't put the book down. I am always reaching for it and I wanna read all the way through the end. It feels heavy in my hands because of the tension of the story. It is heartbreaking for the fact that it has so many sacrifices involved, I almost cried in those scenes. I felt like my heart is being ripped out of me. 
I love the story between Eva and David, even though there so many things happened between them they didn't let things separate them. I call it true love, facing the problems together and fighting all through everything happened. I love Eva, her, being stubborn reminds me of myself. She's a strong woman who will fight for what she think is right and for the one that she love. I love her as a character of being a fighter at the same time a sweet girl. And for David? He's so sweet. I love it when he said "I'll find you Eva. I wont stop until I do". I felt my heart jumped! I adore their love story, reading it I felt in love despite the horror struck happenings.

Every little detail of the book is so exciting! Another thing that I love there was the single word titles from every chapter, it is exciting. I kept asking myself why is the title like this? Then I will read and soon I'll find out why. It is interesting for it helped me create a puzzle inside my head then fix it while reading is a great thing to do.

All in all, for me the book is thrilling! I wanna read it again and again and I will not get tired of it. I felt so many mixed emotions from the book and I love it. I just hope there's another book to come, I wanna read more about Eva and David. It is so lovely I swear. 

And before I end my review I wanna thank the author Michelle Pickett for sending me an ARC and giving me a chance to review such a great book. I honestly enjoy reading it. Thank you so much for your kindness.





Michelle K. PickettReading was one of Michelle's  earliest passions, writing soon followed. She began writing seriously during college where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in accounting. Why she chose a career field that frowns on creativity remains a mystery.
Born and raised in Flint, Michigan, she now lives in a quiet community outside Houston, Texas with her incredibly supportive, not to mention gorgeous, husband, three school-aged children, aa 125 pound "lap" dog and a snooty cat.
Michelle writes young adult, urban fantasy, science fiction and paranormal romances.


Facts about Michelle:
- She's addicted to Reese's peanut butter cups
- Has an abnormal obsession on hoodies 
- She hates to cook but loves to watch cooking shows on tv
- She loves a swoon-worthy happy endings that will give her butterflies for days
Visit her website: www.Michelle-Pickett.com
PS: (I got the author's information from the book)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...