Monday, July 29, 2013

Book Review: The Vampire's Daughter (Of Light And Darkness #1) by Shayne Leighton

The Vampire's Daughter (Of Light and Darkness, #1)
Title: The Vampire's Daughter (Of Light and Darkness #1)
Author: Shayne Leighton
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Published: June 28, 2011
Pages: 258
Source: ebook
 
When one human stands before an army of impossible obstacles, the likelihood of overcoming them in this coming-of-age modern fairytale may result in war between light and darkness.

Abandoned as an infant in Prague, naive and strong-willed Charlotte Ruzikova was raised by one of the last Vampires left alive. As a human, she knows no other home than the one nestled deep in the woods of Eastern Europe, where Witches drew spells of enchantment, Phasers threw tea parties, and Elves are the closest in kin. Charlotte has lived her life in the dark with her Guardian, content to having him to herself and reveling in his attention, until she's realizes she wants more...

Resident medical doctor and Vampire, Valek Ruzik fears the day his ward would come of age and blossom into a fine woman, and he is forced to confront his own motives as time is of the essence once his past catches up to him, and their lives become endangered...

As genocide and war threatens their secret society, the dictator in power is ready to wipe out Valek's race, but Charlotte will not allow that to happen. Fighting for the only one she's ever loved and truly believed in, she will do whatever it takes to save their love...before the sun comes up and light takes over.
 



I figured out about the book because of the author herself, Shayne Leighton. I was invited in to one of her video chat. I was really curious about it so I joined. That day she talked about her book and the upcoming one and I have no idea of what she's talking so I decided to read the blurb. I was curious about it and I don't know what to expect but when I found out that there's the vampire-human story involved, once again I got interested. 

Honestly, once I knew it has some the vampire-human story, Twilight Saga suddenly flashed in my mind but still I didn't expect any because it might ruined my mood in reading. Then when I read it, it didn't fail to amaze me. The book is a good one. A combination of fantasy creatures, vampires and of course human. The story is not complicated and it is fascinating. I love the story of Valek and Charlotte. Their relationship is unusual, because Charlotte is supposed to be Valek's daughter but it didn't turn out that way. Valek is a vampire, he was a doctor and he took care Charlotte since she was a baby. He found Charlotte in the middle of the night. Charlotte is the only human living inside the Occult and for everybody's knowledge, it is forbidden. She was hidden for a long time and living with Valek. 

This book is a little darker than any other vampire involved books that I've read, but it is challenging because my imagination is working the way the book describe what is happening. I love how the story is formed and how light and dark collides. I also love how Valek and Charlotte story revolved in the story. It occurs to me that if fate says it, it will happen no matter what hindrances are on the way.

A book is amazing with a mixture of dark and light emotions.  It honestly gave me a hard time to put it down. I must say you should give it a try.

Rating



Shayne LeightonShayne's first year out of high school (after meeting mentor, friend, and executive producer, Marcie Gorman), she penned, co-directed, and starred in the feature-length film, The Incubus a paranormal romance, which obtained distribution and opened in over fifteen theaters across South Florida among popular chains like Regal, AMC, and Cinemark. The Incubus has obtained a fan-base of over 60,000 girls online, and has garnered the attention of reporters from the Miami Herald, CBS News, and NPR Radio. Leighton also starred alongside Scream Queen, Tara Cardinal in the film, Legend of the Red Reaper. Now, 20-year-old Leighton is excited to release her debut young adult novel series, Of Light and Darkness, set in contemporary Prague as well as penning several other screenplays, a novel adaptation for Legend of the Red Reaper, an original pop/rock album, and acting in various film roles.
The Vampire's Reflection (Of Light and Darkness #2)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...