Sunday, August 18, 2013

Book Review: City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)Title: City Of Glass ( The Mortal Instruments # 3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: March 24, 2009
Pages: 541
Source: Paperback
 
To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments.

Includes an exclusive sneak peek of the fourth book in the Mortal Instruments series: City of Fallen Angels! And don't miss the teaser from Clockwork Angel, the first book in the Infernal Devices trilogy, the prequel to the Mortal Instruments series.

You know? to tell you guys the truth, the more I read The Mortal Instruments series, the more I want to look forward and wait for what will happen in the next book and in the end I'm still craving for more. I really enjoyed reading this third book there's something to it that I want to read more deeply and focused. The book gave me twisted mind and a happiness with the revelations that made me say "ooohhhs" and "aaahhs". It really is a great read. The fighting scenes I can imagine it inside my mind and the actions are forming inside my head, which made it interesting more. I got hooked so much that I really want to continue reading it until I'm satisfied, but the question is will I be satisfied? Or it will make me read it over and over again?

Jace did a thrilling scene just to protect Clary and to shove her away from Alicante where Shadowhunters resides but then since Clary is a stubborn lady, she make her ways to go in to the city where she doesn't have any idea that danger is waiting for her. She was successful with her attempt together with Luke, the warewolf. She almost died when ended up in a wrong place. On the other hand, Simon was also there, he was dragged by Jace coz they almost died when the portal is created, he was imprisoned in the Gard and was tricked by the new Inquisitor. When Jace found out that Clary is in town, everything went complicated but then Clary has something important to do at the Wayland Manor so there's no choice but for them to work together. From then on the war between the Shadowhunters together with the Downworlders against the demons is starting to form. Clary using her own powers managed to do something that will change the history of Alicante and the Clave.

The book really is an interesting one and there's the revelation that I wanna know ever since I read the book. The two books are fascinating and so is this one. I can't wait to see this on the big screen, I'm way too excited I know but I am really interested, City of Bones? Sure I'm gonna watch that! I'm really excited actually.

If you guys felt tired reading of the first two books and you feel you don't enjoy it, I'll tell you not to be, just focus and you'll figure out that it's interesting and it's not the negative one. If you're in doubt, give me a reason why I or the other bloggers/readers should not continue reading the series.

My Rating
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...