Monday, August 5, 2013

Book Review: How I Exiled My Inner Bitch by Miv Evans

How I Exiled My Inner BitchTitle: How I Exiled My Inner Bitch
Author: Miv Evans
Source: ebook
 
Dionne is 36, and still hooked on the imaginary twin she invented to get her through her desolate childhood. With such an odd companion, long-term relationships are impossible and she is doomed to live her life as a serial monogamist, until the Go Along Guy shows up. Greg has denial on intravenous, so Dionne’s quirks simply pass him by and, pretty soon, shallow love blossoms. Unfortunately, however, what are also blossoming are Greg’s teenage daughters. They don’t like Dionne and their hormones are raging.





The book is a challenge to me because I’ve never read something like this before. The first time I read it, I was really confused with the characters it was like a puzzle for me to solve then somewhere in the middle I finally understand why is it made like that. The book is fine to read. It is something that made from the experience of one person. It is really psychological especially for those people who got bullied throughout their childhood life, maybe they can relate to this at the same time they will enjoy reading it. 

Dionne, a girl who’s always alone because her three sisters don’t want her to join them and in school they call her crazy. During her childhood she usually talks to Rionne who always comforts her but she got bullied over and over Lionne came, she was the one who taught her how to be strong and fight. Lionne was also the one who helped her become successful. Dionne met Greg who loves her and accepts her for what she is and no matter what her past is he doesn’t care at all. 

People may be confused about the book cover and title but don’t judge it from there. This one is a good book and the readers may have learned lessons after reading it. I had mixed emotions here too and I feel bad for the main character yet she’s still a fighter ‘til the end. 

There’s a question at the end of the book and I wanna answer it, for me when that inner bitch comes to my life, I may let her in too yet I will control her the way I want to, I don’t want her to control me. I can use her for being just a fighter but I will not do things that will give problem to my conscience. 

Rating


Miv EvansI'm a British entertainment journalist and relocated to Los Angeles in 2005. I currently write film reviews for Entertainment Magazine and Yahoo!

As well as reviews, I also write screenplays, and I've amassed quite a collection of 'nearly made it' stories. I now believe that Hollywood is the only place in the world, where you can actually die of encouragement!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...