Monday, August 5, 2013

Book Review: Lightpoints by Peter Kassan

Lightpoints
Title: Lightpoints
Author: Peter Kassan
Publisher: Melange Books, LLC
Published: March 24, 2013
Pages: 210
Source: ebook
 
What if you suddenly discovered you had a sense-and powers-that almost no one else in the world did? When Amanda Lindner Nichols, a 24-year-old graphic artist living with her husband in Queens, New York, is revived from a near-death experience, she discovers she perceives everyone around her as points of light-but not with her eyes. She soon learns she can not only perceive the life energy of others, but she can give and take it. With the help of others like her, she brings her husband Chris to the brink of death and back to bestow on him the same remarkable faculty, and they're the happiest they've been. But not for long. All over the world, people who've been revived from their own near-death experience at just the right moment discover themselves with these same unusual powers. They find ways to use them-some for good and some for evil. When Amanda and Chris encounter a ruthless group of gangsters with the same faculty, tragedy follows-and Amanda faces the greatest challenge of her life.
 
 

Before I begin, I wanna thank Peter Kassan for the email, I’m glad you chose me to review this book, I honestly enjoyed it and I feel bad when I have something to do because that means I can’t read this. So in return here’s my honest review;

Lightpoints is very much different from the other books that I’ve read. The story is very different and it is my first time to read something like that. The book possesses a good flow of the story, it is interesting and unique. Having near death experiences and out of body experiences is not a good sign to every people living on earth yet, now? This book comes out and it gives a different perspective, the author gave a twists about these experiences. 

I like the role of the characters here in this book, they’re all simple citizens but what makes them different is there lightpoints. Amanda is a working woman who got a lightpoint when she experienced the near death experience. She’s married to Chris who is an artist and a professor. Lisa became Amanda’s friend when they met at the NDE session in the hospital, from there they became close and Lisa treated her like a long lost friend. 

But of course, in a story it is not complete when there is no villains. So these villains are not the typical person who has power or something they have lightpoints also that they use for a bad work, how do they use it? You guys should find out. 

Honestly, for me having a lightpoint is something that is very much interesting, but then it will drag you in danger. Reading this book will help you relax, it is very different from other young-adult books that I’ve read. It is very interesting. It will not give you so much things to think about but you’ll enjoy reading it. 

The book is exciting and you will feel the urge to read it until you don’t notice you’re done with it.


Rating


  
Peter KassanI’ve been a writer since I was a teenager, when I became devoted to poetry. I read as many poets and books about poetry as I could find. To learn the art, I assigned myself the task of writing one poem a day—whether I thought I had any ideas for one or not. After a while, I had a few I thought were worthwhile, and began sending them out. I got a couple of poems published in obscure literary journals and one in Seventeen Magazine, which led me to being invited to contribute a poem to a book called The Young at Prayer. Although I was—even then—an atheist, I managed to write something for it.

In my twenties, I devoted myself to writing the next Great American Novel, and actually wrote three of them (American novels, but not great ones), supporting myself at first writing computer programs (which I’d learned to do as an undergraduate). I’m now relieved that none of those early works was published, and I’ve long since discarded the manuscripts.

Also in my twenties, I earned a living with a variety of other kinds of writing, including technical writing (software manuals) and educational writing (instructional workbooks and audiotapes). I was also a staff writer for an adult comedy-variety health education show for Children’s Television Workshop, which was reviewed by Time Magazine as (if I recall accurately) “the most dismaying new show of the season.”

Combining my love of writing with my interest in computer programming, I became a technical writer for several software products companies, eventually becoming a minority shareholder and executive vice president of a small, privately held company. There, I wrote and managed the writing of everything from software design documents to marketing literature.Twenty-five years later, after it was sold to a large computer company with a three letter name, I became one of those celebrated risk-takers we’ve heard so much about. I started a company based on what I thought was a bright idea of mine. Within a couple of years, I’d crashed and burned, and discovered myself in financial ruin and without a job. Trying to find a job in my industry or to establish a consulting practice, I learned it was no industry for old men. Mostly to keep myself sane, I decided to write a novel based on the germ of an idea I’d had in my twenties. That became Lightpoints.

Oh, and along the way, I met the woman who would become my wife, married her, raised two children, and housed as many as five cats at a time. My wife and I now live in Connecticut. We’re down to only three cats.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...