Monday, August 19, 2013

Book Review: Tempest by Julie Cross

Tempest
Title: Tempest
Author: Julie Cross 
Publisher: St. Martins Griffin
Published: January 17, 2012
Pages: 320
Source: e-book


The year is 2009.  Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.

But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler.  Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.
 
 (Details are from Goodreads.com

I am curious what's Tempest is all about since I heard it and saw it on a bookstore but then I haven't got a chance to read it but finally I had a go now, and I'm planning to buy the physical book soon. I always have something about time traveling maybe because I sorta want to have one and when I found about this book I didn't hesitate to read it in fact I'm fired up to start right away. 

The book gives me something to solve. Mismatched pieces of the scenes that doesn't make sense at first but when I dig deep in to the book, it's like a movie inside my head. It possesses a good story it has a good plot and the arrangement of the events the reader will not get lost.  Tempest really gave me a mixed emotions and at the end it made me emotional for some reasons. I am fascinated by the attempt in writing this fabulous book I got really hooked and it made me sad if I have to stop because I need to do something important. I really want to finish everything and to know the ending because I want to know if every one will be normal again. 
 
Jackson Meyer is a normal teenage boy who has the ability to time travel. Adam is his friend who helps him and insists to keep a journal of every time jumps he has. He has girlfriend named Holly. Everything seems to be normal until there's a tragic event in Holly's apartment and she died on the other hand, Jackson managed to time travel and he got stuck to 2007, where everything his dad's secrets are revealed. From then on the puzzles are mixed up and Jackson is trying to decipher everything he figured out, knowing there are people who wants him on their side. Seeing his loved one died in front of him, and the news revealed during 2007, puzzled pieces are need to be solved. 
 
The thing is will he manage to go back to the present? What will happen?
 
I earnestly want to read the next book it makes me asks what is he going to do now? I have so many questions inside my head and I want it to be answered by the second book. I have a new favorite book to read and I will never get tired of reading this. 

By the way one scene that makes me cry here is during his time with his sister Courtney.

Extraordinary book that makes me want to read more, it's my category and this book belongs to it! You guys should give it a try.

My Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...