Saturday, September 21, 2013

Book Review: Backward Glass by David Lomax

Backward GlassTitle: Backward Glass
Author: David Lomax
Publisher: Flux
Expected Publication: October 8, 2013
Pages: 336
Source: e-book (from NetGalley)

Crack your head, knock you dead, then Prince Harming's hunger's fed.

It's 1977, and Kenny Maxwell is dreading the move away from his friends. But then, behind the walls of his family's new falling-apart Victorian home, he finds something incredible--a mummified baby and a note: "Help me make it not happen, Kenny. Help me stop him."

Shortly afterwards, a beautiful girl named Luka shows up. She introduces Kenny to the backward glass, a mirror that allows them to travel through time. Meeting other "mirror kids" in the past and future is exciting, but there's also danger. The urban legend of Prince Harming, who kidnaps and kills children, is true--and he's hunting them. When Kenny gets stranded in the past, he must find the courage to answer a call for help, change the fate of a baby--and confront his own destiny.
I loooooveeeee this book!!! It's mysterious but full of adventures, I love the flow of the story and I love how the author connects everything. At first, when you read it, it's like nothing makes sense but focus and read more? you'll figure out the connection. I was like solving a big puzzle while reading it. I love the twists and turns of the story and I love the revelations. Such a fascinating and exciting book. It's perfect for everyone.

First of all, the title of the book makes me curious and the next of course is the cover, both are eye catchy, and from the cover it looks mysterious already. Trust me it's awesome and you'll enjoy it. I feel so sad every time I have to stop reading, it took so long for me to finish this because of my work and go home late, so I don't have much time to read, but every time I pick up my iPad and read, you can't disturb me anymore, all my attention will suddenly switch to the book.

Kenny Maxwell, is one of the "mirror kids". The first time Kenny moved to their new home, they found a dead baby on their wall and he also found a note. From then on, it bothers him already, until Luka shows up. Luka showed him that he's one of the "mirror kids". They've became best buddies. Luka and Kenny have to solve the mystery of the dead baby. Both of them traveled through the glass until something happened and Kenny got stuck to the past and he can't go back. Will he ever get a chance to see his family?  and will ever have a chance to solve the mystery that will change the future? Another thing here is they have an enemy named Prince Harming will he ever get a chance to defeat him?

My experience honestly? I've gone crazy when I read the part about the dead baby on the wall. I thought this is a horror book or something. I there are parts that I found creepy. There are times that I really don't wanna put the book down because I have to understand what's happening. It's like I need to absorb everything coz I am thinking what will be the next thing to happen. It's fun really.

There are so many things need to be solved in this book, things that will challenge the reader to think and put the puzzle pieces in their right place so that you will be able to see the big picture. It's challenging because you have to continue reading until you get the logic of the book. It's fun for it has a lot of adventure.
I recommend this book to everyone give it a try and read it. It's fun, and hopefully you guys will enjoy it too. 
My Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...