Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Review: Driven by Eve Silver

Driven (Northern Waste, #1)
Title: Driven 
Author: Eve Silver
Published: August 28, 2007
Source: e-book 

In the harsh Northern Waste where human life is worth little, ice trucker Raina Bowen has learned to keep her eyes open and her knife close at hand. She's spent her life on the run, one step ahead of the megalomaniac who hunts her. All she wants is to stay out of trouble and haul her load of grain to Gladow Station--but trouble finds her in the form of a sexy stranger called Wizard. He has the trucking pass she needs, and she has to drag him out of a brawl with the very people she's trying to hide from in order to get it. She may have rescued him, but Raina's not foolish enough to see Wizard as anything close to helpless. He's hard and honed and full of secrets--secrets that may destroy them both. As they race across the Waste, trying to outrun rival truckers, ice pirates, and the powerful man bent on their destruction, Raina's forced to admit that trouble's found her. And this time, there's nowhere left to run.

The book is tricky, luckily I didn't expect anything from it but either way I didn't expect also that it has too much romance in it which in the first place I refuse to read. Despite all that I decided to finish the book hoping it has something interesting than that. So what I've figured out is not what really interest me. The book has the rebellion part, which is nice and it gives color to the story but it's like it is not the focus of it. The one thing I noticed was it's all about the two characters Raina and Wizard who are both weird is so many ways because of the things that happened to them. They both have to revenge over Bane, their mortal enemy. The rebellion part should have more focus than anything else because it should be the main story. 

Anyway, I have all those negatives but there's some positive too. I like how the cold heart Wizard turned in to a man with emotion with the help of Raina Bowen. Raina on the other hand, I like for being brave and strong to stand all by herself. She's opposite of Wizard, she's full of emotions and she cared for everyone even though she always refuse to believe it. She's an ice trucker who dreamed to win the interdollar for her sister Beth and to have their own life together. But the encounter with Wizard turned her world upside down. Wizard is awesome for he is a good man despite of the lack of emotions. He protected Raina til the end. One more thing I like here is the ending.

I guess that's all for this book. I didn't get much of the concept for the book like I'm completely lost, but I appreciate the attempt of the author to make every one interested in the book. So far I enjoyed some parts of it and skipped the other parts because of too much romance in it. 

My Rating




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...