Sunday, September 22, 2013

Book Review: Sia by Josh Grayson

Title: Sia
Author: Josh Grayson
Expected Publication: November 20, 2013
Source: e-book (ARC from NetGalley)



When seventeen-year-old Sia wakes up on a park bench, she has no idea who or where she is. Yet after a week of being homeless, she’s reunited with her family. At school, she’s powerful and popular. At home, she’s wealthy beyond her dreams. But she quickly realizes her perfect life is a lie. Her family is falling apart and her friends are snobby, cruel and plastic. Worse yet, she discovers she was the cruelest one. Mortified by her past, she embarks on a journey of redemption and falls for Kyle, the “geek” she once tormented. Yet all the time she wonders if, when her memories return, she’ll become the bully she was before…and if she’ll lose Kyle.

 
The first time I read the first three chapters of the book, I thought I will get disappointed because, somehow I read the story before, the amnesia part and her going back to the family and school. I thought it will fall in the same story line, but I'm wrong. This book give it a twist. I love the story it is so inspiring and beautiful in all means. It's amazing how the story is made it's like a true to life story and I love how it is composed.

Sia is such a brave lady, facing all her fears and challenges in her new life. She's given another chance to change who she is and build another life. It is amazing how she play her role well, it's like she never existed before. It's a new Sia in this world. I salute her for being such an inspiring person, I bet people who will read the book will be inspired as well. I love the lessons in the book. It tackles something about family, friends and life changing events. Her experiences are uncommon, she learned a lot since the day she end up with the street people and she has nothing to remember who she really is. 

We may have a perfect life but it might change once, that's true and it's what I've learned from the book and another thing is no matter how reach you are there are so many big problems on the way, it may get worse if you start doing nothing but then the decision is yours you might change your fate or just go with the flow better yet try something new. Life is not permanent and we have to challenge ourselves we have to do something uncommon to make it more lively.  

As for the cover of the book and title, it's both simple and catchy I honestly love the color they use for the cover and the title is beautiful. I didn't know what that means until I read the book because honestly I didn't read the blurb before requesting it. I'm glad that I didn't get disappointed or something instead it forced me to read more.

I will never get tired of re-reading this book, I will always be fascinated and inspired by this. It's awesome, simple story and yet it captures my attention. It is beautiful in so many ways. I will always fall in love with the book.

"Time. That's the most important thing."

My Rating


Josh Grayson was born in Mexico, raised in Massachusetts, and now lives in Martinsville, Virginia. It was his move to the South that stirred his imagination and gave him the courage to start writing. During his free time, Josh enjoys reading, jogging, swimming, and watching YouTube videos.
 
Josh currently works as a medical driver, shuttling people all over Virginia and North Carolina. He has also worked as a machinist, film sales rep, admin. assistant, and telemarketer (he apologizes if he called you).

Sia is his debut YA novel. (Available 11/20/13)

Follow Josh here: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...