Saturday, September 7, 2013

Book Review: The Vampire's Reflection by Shayne Leighton

The Vampire's Reflection (Of Light and Darkness #2) Title: The Vampire's Reflection
(Of Light and Darkness, #2) 
Author: Shayne Leighton
Published: July 02, 2013
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Source: e-book (from the author)



Months after their brutal victory over Aiden and his hierarchy of Wizards, Charlotte and Valek have returned from Prague to their home in the Bohemian Occult City. However, this time, they are joined by their new band of misfit, magical friends. In the light of day, all seems to be at peace now that the Regime has been toppled, and the coven of rogue monsters has finally found their freedom. But Charlotte soon discovers that much like her adopted Vampire family, she has developed a strange addiction of her own. Her new disease is destroying her from the inside out, and Valek finds himself at a loss as he defies all odds to save her life. Danger continues to lurk around every corner and they realize that their happily-ever-after has not ended so happily after all, in this highly anticipated sequel of the Of Light and Darkness series.

First of all, thank you to Shayne Leighton for giving me the opportunity to read her works. It's awesome! This second book of, Of Light and Darkness gives mixed emotions to me, the scenes really catches me and I love how the story was made. Ever since I read the first book, I got hooked already and now? It strengthens the feeling. I love this book so much! This vampire-human story is really getting more and more interesting. The title makes me asked myself why it is called The Vampire's Reflection, reading the book gave me answers. The book makes my eyes teary, there are parts that t'was so sad, you guys should read the first book then read right away the second book so you'll know how good the twist of the story here. This book has a very big twist, from the first one up to this? Well surely the big twist is between the lovers.


One thing I noticed while reading the book is the new character! He's cool, and awesome in so many ways but, there's something I don't like about his attitude. He searched for Charlotte and Valek, does this mean there will be a love triangle? what do you think? Charlotte on the other hand is sick with her addiction. Now she's dying and Valek is responsible with her, he doesn't want to change her into a vampire so he's seeking for something that can help his soulmate. Will there be a happy ending for them? Those two makes me so happy every time I read the book. It's like without Charlotte-Valek I will not be happy reading it and I don't want them apart so every time Valek leaves I feel sad. They're package, and the story wont flow well without them.

I fall in love with this book, such a great one. I still want more, there will be a next book right? It will not end here, it shouldn't be. I still want to know more about Charlotte and Valek. I can't wait for the next installment, I'm excited to read what will happen with those two. I wonder what will be the title? 

My Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...