Monday, September 23, 2013

Book Review: Vortex by Julie Cross

Title: Vortex ( Tempest, #2)
Author: Julie Cross
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published Date: January 15, 2013
Pages: 368
Source: Paperback (Borrowed)

Julie Cross's Vortex is the thrilling second installment of the Tempest series, in which the world hangs in the balance as a lovelorn Jackson must choose who to saveJackson Meyer has thrown himself into his role as an agent for Tempest, the shadowy division of the CIA that handles all time-travel-related threats. Despite his heartbreak at losing the love of his life, Jackson has proved himself to be an excellent agent. However, after an accidental run in with Holly—the girl he altered history to save—Jackson is once again reminded of what he's lost. And when Eyewall, an opposing division of the CIA, emerges, Jackson and his fellow agents not only find themselves under attack, but Jackson begins to discover that the world around him has changed and someone knows about his erased relationship with Holly, putting both their lives at risk all over again.

I love Tempest and I like Vortex, makes sense? Well, I'm kinda confused reading Vortex it has so much to take, but I love the revelations it's too many and I have to remember it all. There are so many exciting scenes and the big twists in this book! I wonder if there's another twists left for the next book? For me every chapter is a must wait.
I love Jackson!!! that wont change he's confused but awesome. Anyway, his character here is somehow a lost man it's like he didn't even know who he really is now and who to believe it has so many events that he needs to solve and the weight of the future is on his shoulders. He tried to join the Tempest team and train to fight the Eyewall their mortal enemy now. He also tried to forget his love Holly until they went back to New York and found out that Holly changed so much, it's not her anymore something happened to the woman he loves the most and not just her, also to Adam his best friend. The question is who to trust? and who to believe?

Everything here is like a big trick of the time. Their enemies are getting stronger and their number are increasing. Will he still save everyone? 

The book leaves me so many questions to ask, and I'm dying for the third book, if there is one. Of course there should be one! I need more information about this Vortex and who is this girl Emily? I need answers so bad and only the book three can give me that. I'm excited here!

It honestly gave me goosebumps at the end part, I was like "No that should not happen!", He can't just.. you know. Them living in a new world or should I say timeline? I'm excited what will be the next move will they be able to escape or stay there forever? 

I have so many questions in mind like thousands, but I don't have the answers yet... I have to wait *sobs*
My Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...