Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: City of Secrets by Aoife Marie Sheridan

Title: City of Secrets ( Saskia Trilogy, #2)
Author: Aoife Marie Sheridan
Publisher: Synerg e-books
Source: E-book (Received)
 
 
 
A war awaits her arrival,
A warrant for her arrest.
She must rise as a princess,
And Darkness shall fall.
But will their love survive this battle?
For Tristan and Sarajane?.

Step back into Saskia.

 
I’ve waited for this book to come out for so long, and I tried to hide my excitement every time the author give me updates about the new book coming. The day that I read and finished Eden Forest makes me want to read more and I love the story of it, I just thought I will be disappointed reading City of Forest but then I didn’t. The cover and title of the book is mysterious and exciting. It made me want to read more. Just looking at it attracts me, like it was telling to read it.

City of forest is so much to take, so many twists in the story and so many heartaches. The war between the kingdoms are getting worse and other than that they have so many more enemies to face, one is Suraga the soul taker or whatever you call it, she takes the soul of the dead people, and the dead will still have a warm body yet the soul is not there anymore. There are so many villains to face and they keep fighting until the end, even that means losing someone you care or love most. On the other hand, the love story of Sarajane and Tristan are still intact no matter how many hindrances on their way they still love each other and fight for each other, though they already reveal their hidden relationship which as expected, Morrick disapproved. 

Sarajane is now a brave princess, I never expected her to be like that because of her life before yet her life now in Humus changed her. Her powers got stronger so is her ability to fight hand in hand. Though she’s been in a lot of trouble now, she can handle herself well and like I said she’s braver than before. Her decision to save her love. Actually, she doesn’t even care for jealousy as long as she save her friends, and I’m proud of Tristan for trusting her. The Sarajane I met now is far from the Sarajane I met before it’s a great transformation. But, something happened to her again and she wasn’t able to protect herself this time even Tristan wasn’t able to protect her. A man named Bastian and his alliance captured her and they will bring her back to Saskia. Will she able to go back to her family and to Tristan?

I love the story!!! I feel so bad I finished it just now, I’ve been really busy for the past week. I like how it is made, though I honestly felt sad for everyone’s loss and the thing about life goes on. Well moving on, I can’t wait for the third installment!!! I’m excited what will happen because before the story ends it leaves something that makes me want more. I wanna know what will her new journey be and what will happen to her. I’m sure it’ll be interesting! How long will I need to wait? ‘coz I will start counting the days! 

One more thing I want to add before the end of this review is, the fighting scenes. It’s nice and I can imagine it them fighting and the war they are facing the 10,000 exiles and what I don’t want to imagine yet I have no choice was the murderous thing the exiles did to humans. It’s disgusting. 

All in all, it is a great book and it never failed to amaze me and get hooked. Just being honest though. Lovely and exciting book two!
 
Rating
 
 
 

Aoife Maire Sheridan is twenty eight years of age. She lives in Kells, Co. Meath, a small town just outside Navan. Aoife was raised in Navan but left with her family at the age of sixteen. Aoife has always had a passion for writing but mostly poetry. This is her first time to write a novel.

Aoife Marie Sheridan studied Accountancy and qualified as an accountant technician. She worked in this profession for several years but with the economic downturn she was made redundant.

Aoife Marie Sheridan now works in retail as well as spending endless hours reading and writing.
 

Eden Forest is currently on tour, below are the schedules yet to join the give away please visit the link

October 6 - Dems Angeles - Guest Post & Excerpt 
October 6 - Lost in a Book Nook - Spotlight & Excerpt
October 9 - The Literary Panda - Spotlight & Excerpt
October 12 - Jassie - Excerpt & Review
October 12 - Am I write? or am i write? - Review, Interview, Guest Post, Spotlight & Excerpt
October 15 - Jessica's Jabber - Interview & Spotlight
October 18 - Book 2 Buzz - Spotlight & Excerpt 
October 21 - Wicca Witch 4 Book Blog - Review & Spotlight
October 21 - 2 Bookaholics - Interview, Guest Post, Spotlight & Excerpt
October 24 - Desert Rose Reviews - Spotlight, Review & Excerpt
October 30 - Bound 4 Escape - Review





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...