Monday, February 3, 2014

Book Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: December 4, 2012
Source: Paperback





In a world of danger

an unlikely alliance

breathtaking adventure

and unforgettable romance

Under the Never Sky has sold into twenty-six countries and been optioned for film by Warner Bros. Don’t miss the stunning book trailer directed by Roman White, available on the HarperTeen YouTube channel.



I don’t know how will to put my reactions in to words. Honestly at first I don’t get it, I tried reading it first then I don’t get what the Realms and the other places, I tried the second time and it’s not clear either. My imagination is not working maybe? I thought I will just give up and read other books, but still I tried to read it the third time because I am really fascinated by color of it’s cover and I really want to know what is in “Under the Never Sky” and miraculously! I get it. Soon as I started understanding who Aria is, her Smarteye and Perry and everyone I’m instantly curious on what’s more. It is Sci-Fi, YA and it is really interesting, I started to picture out the worlds they are saying and the people. For me it captured my attention and I want to dig in to the book to know about their search for Aria’s mother and Perry’s niece. The story is intriguing.


Another interesting part is how Aria and Perry met, coincidence? Maybe but their worlds collide in unexpected way. Their story is lovely, complete strangers or maybe enemies to allies to lovers. I love them both. Aria is a Dweller, she lives in a world where everything is artificial or should I say unreal? She and her people don’t experience natural emotions like, fear. Their world is run by science. Many things are just programmed. Perry’s world is the complete opposite. In his world, you’ll feel everything even pain, love and fear. Everything is normal. And when Aria went to Perry’s world, everything changes.

I had so many questions when I tried to read the book twice. It starts with who’s Aria? What’s with her Smarteye? Who’s this Perry? Simple questions with broad answers behind their names are secrets. It’s not just Aria and Perry that got my attention, there’s this boy named Cinder. He’s really powerful and I don’t know what’s in to him. I want to know more about these characters even Roar.

I love their adventure! It is interesting and fun though scary sometimes because of their enemies. Under the Never Sky is full of secrets. You have to read to know more about the book because the interesting parts are somewhere in the middle. It’s not something that is there already.

I’m just sad a bit coz I finished it after five days which I can do for two days only or one. I read the twenty five percent of it first then I got so busy during the next days and I just finished it last Friday. I read it the whole day and finished it at night. That’s an achievement though but it took me so long because of my work. Oh well.. I’m ready for the next book Through the Ever Night.

It is such a great book and I enjoyed it personally, I love the Sci-Fi side of it, oh no I love every part! By the way, I keep imagining Aria’s voice while singing I hope there’s a video of it or something. I just I want to hear her sing to make it more alive. 

My Ratings


Veronica Rossi's debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, will be published in over twenty-five international markets, starting on January 3rd 2012 in the United States. Film rights to the trilogy have been optioned by Warner Bros.

       




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...