Friday, May 30, 2014

Book Tour (Review): Wings by Elizabeth Richards


Title: Wings (Black City #3)
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publisher: G.P Putnam's Sons BYR
Date of Publication: June 12, 2014





Following the cliffhanger ending of Phoenix, Natalie finds herself separated from Ash and unexpectedly reunited with her parents, including the father she thought was dead. But she can only think of Ash. She hasn't heard a word of him since she and Elijah were brought to the underground headquarters of the Sentry Rebellion. But she vows to find him.


Ash, meanwhile is back in Black City; it's the perfect place to hide from the Sentry government. But not for long. He won't give up on Natalie or bringing an end to the terrible reign of Purian Rose.



A pulse-racing end to an exciting series.





I've been waiting for this book to come out ever since I finished reading Phoenix (the second book) last year. And when I received an ARC I can't stop myself from fangirling over the book and of course ASH!!! When I first saw the cover over the internet I can't help praising how pretty it is. From book one up to this third book, the covers are so spectacular from pink and black combination to fire to blue ice whoever did the designs I wanna congratulate you for doing a great job. I really love the covers! I also love how the title is made, simple but it has a deep meaning. Pretty cool covers and titles!

Now for the content (omygosh!!!), the first time I opened the book right there and then I was introduced to a new character or should I say I met the characters from a different point of view. Reading this third book makes everything clear especially when we talk about Purian Rose. I can't believe how the author connected everything, how everything started how come there was a gap between the Darklings, Lupines and humans, how things changed and why. It was awesome that this book answered all the unanswered questions from the first two books. I haven't questioned anything about Purian Rose because I was so mad at him but everything makes sense when I finished this book. The book is so breathtaking because of the revelations it has a lot!!! And I can't process it all. I have to reread some of the parts because I can't believe it happened, and I kept asking "for real?".  Aside from stunning revelations which I have to pause for a while before continue reading I was looking forward too to Ash-Natalie's romance (I love them for real). Their romance is so perfect, I remember this line, "Love does not vanish once a heart stops beating", it is true as for their case it became real. I love how their relationship worked or I think how each of them trust each other to make their relationship work, I love how strong they are for facing every problems they had. Well every hard work comes with a prize. They're such an amazing couple. 

Ash, (I do love him so much!) he's still the awesome sweet guy I met from the first book, I adore how much he loves Natalie, he made me laugh at this book actually to those who read the book already... -bromance? ugh!- Natalie was still the stubborn brave typed girl. It was awesome because she fight her love for Ash. I adore her for that. I love them both!! they're so perfect for each other. 

What more can I say? I had fun reading the book I gasp for the revelations, I cried for the sad parts and I laughed at the funny ones. I can't express how much I enjoy reading the book. I can't believe that it is over! I wanted more from Ash and Natalie. This is such an enjoyable YA/Dystopian book which you will love right away. The book taught me "to love is to sacrifice".

"It is easy to hate Edmund. The true test of our hearts is to forgive" - page 210

"Forgiveness is the only way you will ever find peace" - page 330

I recommend this book to other readers out there, give it a try! It is awesome!

My Ratings


Elizabeth Richards is a YA author who loves books about supernatural boys, kissing and blood.

Her debut novel, BLACK CITY (Book #1 of the BLACK CITY trilogy) was published in November 2012 and was selected as one of Penguin's Fall 2012 Breathless Reads. Her second novel, PHOENIX, was released in June 2013, and the last novel in the series, WINGS, is out in June 2014.

Film rights optioned by Screen Gems. 

www.officialelizabethrichards.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...