Thursday, June 19, 2014

Book Review: Pivot Point by Kasie West

Title: Pivot Point
Author: Kasie West
Published: February 12, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen



Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

I've read god reviews about this book, some of my friends also recommended this book to me so now that I got the chance to read it, I didn't think twice anymore. The cover is catchy, on my side it's like a girl looking into a mirror and who knows what she sees more right? But when I started reading the book I understand it more, she's not looking into the mirror. The book has a lot of surprises, confusing but it is pretty good! Everything is cool, you wont know which is the real scenario and which is the fake ones. I personally tried guessing which is the right story but... how I wish I was correct. 

The characters in the book is really cool, they're really awesome from having an awesome ability. The book is fantastic because each character has two roles, and seriously I got confused most of the time, but it is in a good way I end up solving the puzzle pieces. I mentioned that they have abilities and what I love most is Addie's because doing the "Search" is a pretty cool thing! I want that seriously. Addie's bestfriend Laila has a good one too! (evil plans: I can use it to someone!!! hahaha). And from what I observed, maybe.. just maybe the author is a football fan.

There are so many things to love in this book. I really can't stop reading when I started. Of course readers are also expecting the romance part and I love the part where Trevor (a normal guy, he doesn't have any awesome abilities like Addie's) is involved. He is so cool, typical kind of guy. I like that part because everything looks pretty normal and it was like there will be no problem at all. I didn't hate any scenes in the book (hooray!), for me it is well made and fantastic. 

Sorry guys! I can't share what are their abilities or who is Trevor... or.. AAAAHHH I'm so tempted! Just read the book!! You'll love it! Once you're done? READ the next one right away! (that's what I'm going to do!). The book is good and it will make you crazy and excited at the same time!

My Ratings



I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels, published through Harper Teen are: PIVOT POINT, its sequel SPLIT SECOND (Feb 2014), and THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US (a contemporary novel). I also have two more contemporaries, ON THE FENCE coming out July 1, 2014, and THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND coming out the summer of 2015. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...