Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book Review: Split Second by Kasie West

Title: Pivot Point
Author: Kasie West
Published: February 11, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen



Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.

On the romance view of the book I would like to say; I've learned that love is unstoppable, no matter how much it takes it will find away. A heart never forgets even if the mind does. Lastly, no matter how strange things are between the lovers every thing will find its way to make it right.

This book is not just about romance okay? I'm just too hooked with the Trevor-Addie story. The book is just as good as the first one but this book is intense in a good way because I honestly enjoyed reading it. There were revelations that makes the book more interesting and confusing at the same time. I like how this book challenged my mind for guessing what will happen next. I like how the writer created every character's point of view and it's like every character has its own story but still the different stories are built in to one.  I should say I still hate this character Duke for being an ass but aside from that I enjoyed the rest. I love Trevor who else? He is kinda different from this book but still that is 'Trevor'. He is still the mysterious type of guy that is romantic and sweet. On this book it is like he already know something's odd in Duke's football team and he is so eager to find it out. Addie has an advanced ability now which is really interesting (wish I have one). It is really useful in times of trouble though. I like how she do her way to Trevor though and make him believe in so many weird things happening around. I like their relationship. It makes me happy! And Laila found her partner too. They're so great together and it is funny how they denied their feelings.

I kept fangirling every time I read the book. It is really a good one. I like it from the start until I reached the end (oh Trevor!!!). Will there be another book? It looks like it is done already but I hope not. There should be another one and more. I started recommending the two books to my friends, I meant Pivot Point and Split Second. And to everyone please give it a try it is a good to read book.

I tried my best to finish the book in just a short time but since I got so busy I end up finishing it late but then, it is still worth my time. I could re-read it and never get tired of it. It is one of the best books I've reaf so far.

Thank you so much HarperCollins for giving me a chance to read this awesome book of Kasie West. I REALLY LOVE THE BOOK! and that awesome cover!

My Ratings


I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels, published through Harper Teen are: PIVOT POINT, its sequel SPLIT SECOND (Feb 2014), and THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US (a contemporary novel). I also have two more contemporaries, ON THE FENCE coming out July 1, 2014, and THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND coming out the summer of 2015. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...