Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Review (ARC): Hunters by Aoife Marie Sheridan

Title: Hunters
Author: Aoife Marie Sheridan
Date of Publication: September 1, 2014





Abigail is nineteen, her job she hunts demons.

Her life so far has been tough, having witnessed her family’s death and her mother’s suicide she’s taken in by a priest, who believes her when she says she sees ghosts. Father Peter trains her as a demon hunter with three other members, one being Daniel, who isn’t what he seems.

But when a possession goes wrong, and ghosts start to attack Abigail, the tight rope she had on her emotions soon starts to loosen.

Abigail draws the unwanted attention of the Vatican, and she finds out a lot more then she was willing to learn.


Knowledge is power, but for Abigail it’s her undoing, and the only thing keeping her together is Daniel.

I've read the two books written by the author Aoife Marie Sheridan entitled Eden Forest and City of Secrets and this is the third entry that I read "Hunters" and the book is really cool. I could say that the author switched from the fairy world to something more darker. As I read more of the book, it was like it is dragging me to a world that I'm not supposed to be at and to tell you honestly I dreamed of some scenarios in the book, too bad I dreamed of the creepy ones but not Zee!!! (my heart is breaking I should've dreamed of him instead). Anyway back to the topic Zee can wait, I like how the author described each scenes my imagination really worked (as mentioned I dreamed about it) and then it gave me goosebumps. I also like the twists in the book that was unexpected until the last chapters and it was a good revelation though, amazing one. I enjoyed reading every little thing, even at work I am reading it! I was hooked. The book has interesting contents that pushed me to keep reading.

As per the characters, well it was confusing at first but hey! The author has surprises here, hidden identity. I won't tell you about it but it is cool and I like it. As you know they are demon hunters and they have special abilities they use to hunt demons (it is creepy!!!) but I think I don't want to have that ability except Zee's. So the main character here is Abigail, she's an orphan and a demon hunter, she was adopted by a priest. She has a good ability but then I feel like it is the hardest one of all too. I don't like her much only for her drinking habit. It's really destroying herself, but to the rescue... Daniel a.k.a. ZEE. Their obvious, denying feelings to each other is really cute. I love their growing romance, no matter how much they deny things it is really obvious. Daniel is mysterious, my first ever question when I get to know him was "who are you Zee?" (I even tweeted that LOL) but he is the overprotective, secretive, loving kind of guy. The supporting characters are great too! They have their own stories, but I hope the story behind it will be revealed in the succeeding books and I wonder who really is Blake? and what really happened to Cathy? and so many questions left unanswered but everyone is awesome. 

"I gave an eternity up to spend a short existence with you but I can't exist without you"

This line.... it makes me smile so wide!!! It was like my heart stopped and I have to pause for a while because Daniel... he is just so sweet! If I were Abigail, I wouldn't let him go.

The whole book is exciting and lovely! I really enjoyed reading it and I can't wait for the next book because... this is a cliffhanger. I would love to know more of Abigail, as the story goes on she becomes mysterious to me and that's the interesting part. I think that's all for this book, I would like to recommend this to other readers, it is just so cool, you won't get tired reading it.

My Ratings



Aoife Marie Sheridan has loved reading from a very young age, starting off with mills and boon's books, given to by her grandmother her love for romances grew, by the age of 14 she had read hundreds of them.

Aoife had a passion for writing poetry or in her eyes her journal entries. It was something she did throughout her teens and into her twenties. Aoife won first place for two of her poems and had them published at a young age of just nineteen. Realising she needed to get a real job (What writing isn't) she studied accountancy and qualified working in that field for many years, until her passion for reading returned and she found Maria V Snyder. Poison study one of her favourite books has been read and re-read countless times.

Aoife's first book Eden Forest (Part one of the Saskia Trilogy) came to be after a dream of a man and woman on a black horse jumping through a wall of fire and the idea of Saskia was born. Now with her first novel published and taking first place for Eden Forest with Writers Got Talent 2013, Aoife continues to write tales of fantasy and is currently working on her third book for the Saskia Trilogy amongst other new works. To find out more about Aoife Marie Sheridan you can visit her at:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aoifemariesheri

Website: www.aoifemariesheridan.com

- OTHER BOOKS -


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...