Sunday, August 31, 2014

Book Review: Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike

Title: Sleep No More (Charlotte Westing Chronicles #1)
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Published: April 29, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen



Charlotte Westing has a gift. She is an Oracle and has the ability to tell the future. But it doesn't do her much good. Instead of using their miraculous power, modern-day Oracles are told to fight their visions—to refrain from interfering. And Charlotte knows the price of breaking the rules. She sees it every day in her wheelchair-bound mother and the absence of her father. But when a premonition of a classmate's death is too strong for her to ignore, Charlotte is forced to make an impossible decision: continue following the rules or risk everything—even her sanity—to stop the serial killer who is stalking her town.

Judging by the cover of the book, I was expecting for a suspense story and when I read the blurb I got really interested because of the future telling stuff. Honestly.... the cover is really pretty it catches my attention in a weird way because sometimes when I look at it I'm having goosebumps but when I start reading I am enjoying every bits of it because I always want to know what will happen next. 

I was amazed on how things goes and how the story shifted from the cool one to a great one. What I meant is that when I started reading the book, it is already cool that Charlotte can see the future and the fact that she could change it but she is not allowed to, the rebel side of me wants her to change a future but then the story shifted to something great when she had a premonition about her classmate. Everything changes from there and yes I couldn't stop reading it. The story has a good twist, at first I didn't doubt and I get excited that Charlotte could finally use her ability to change the future but as the story goes on, things get weirder, every twists makes me think that something went wrong and how it happened. Until the author revealed the mystery. 

I have to pause for some parts because I got afraid of how will the author describe each scene, it might get in to my dreams again and I'm lucky it didn't or else I might stop reading it at night. The book is enjoyable to read and this is not just a suspense but there is also a little love story which balanced the whole book. It is great and I'm looking forward to the next book because I feel like Charlotte's story is not done yet. I feel like now, she got stronger and what will happen to her soon. Will she be part of the sisters? Will her power improve more? 

This is a mind-twisting-suspense book.

"Everything, everything gets harder in times of crisis,you are not always going to win but keep fighting."

My Ratings

Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne currently lives with her husband and three kids in Utah, and dreams of warmer climates.


Aprilynne Pike's #1 New York Times best-selling debut, WINGS, is the first of four books about a seemingly ordinary girl with a not-so-ordinary destiny. In this tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever...


Aprilynne's Facebook page:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...