Sunday, September 7, 2014

Book Review: Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

Title: Let's Get Lost
Author: Adi Alsaid
Published: July 29, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen




Five strangers. Countless adventures. One epic way to get lost. 

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named LEILA. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most. 

There's HUDSON, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And BREE, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday—and a few stolen goods along the way. ELLIOT believes in happy endings…until his own life goes off-script. And SONIA worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love. 

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth— sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.


Let's get lost! Sounds fun isn't it? I seriously had fun reading the book. I fell in love with the beauty of the cover. It's really cute actually. Simple but catchy and title made me curious. Let's get lost meant so many things though. But once you read the book you'll understand why is it entitled as that. I really had fun reading each persons story, there were five of them and everyone's pretty. Each story has a lesson, could be love, hope, failure and more. 


The character's goal to reach the Northern Lights is kinda weird but she has reasons which makes everything interesting. In her journey, she met different people and she helped them changed their lives. Reading the book makes me wonder who she really is, I was thinking maybe she isn't human, maybe she was just pretending and maybe she's an angel because she kept helping strangers. It was really interesting and that makes this book awesome.For me the book is kinda tricky, I had so many questions in mind like who she really is? What will happen to the guy she left behind? Would they meet again? Is there a chance that the people she helped could contact her? What happened to those people now? And so many more things that is running inside my head. Her travel to reach Alaska inspired me as a reader. It was like while she is traveling, I am traveling with her. It was like I'm inside the book, inside her car we travel together and discover what's with the Northern Lights. I was so lost in the book. 

The journey to Alaska is not just for fun. The character had her goal and reasons. What are those? Read the book because it is all in there. Readers must see the beauty of this book and enjoy each person's story and from every story of every people they must pick some value from it. Awesome is not enough for this book, this is special and beautiful and I wont get tired re-reading this. I fell in love with everything. Happy endings, change, friendships, hope and love that's what this book is all about. 

I am inspired actually and this book helped me finalize my decision that I should go for traveling not just to find myself but to meet people. Not just to enjoy but to see what's out there. And when I come back, I have some thing to share with everyone. 

I only have 5 hearts... but seriously it is 10/5


Adi Alsaid was born and raised in Mexico City, then studied at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. While in class, he mostly read fiction and continuously failed to fill out crossword puzzles, so it's no surprise that after graduating, he did not go into business world but rather packed up his apartment into his car and escaped to the California coastline to become a writer. He's now back in his hometown, where he writes, coaches high school and elementary basketball, and has perfected the art of making every dish he eats or cooks as spicy as possible. In addition to Mexico, he's lived in Tel Aviv, Las Vegas, and Monterey, California. A tingly feeling in his feet tells him more places will eventually be added to the list. Let's Get Lost is his YA debut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...