Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Book Review: Dark Paradise by Angie Sandro


Title: Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
Author: Angie Sandro
Published: July 01, 2014
Publisher: Forever Yours

DARK LEGACY

Mala LaCroix has spent her whole life trying to escape her destiny. As the last in a long line of "witch women," she rejects the notion of spirits and hoodoo and instead does her best to blend in. But when she finds a dead body floating in the bayou behind her house, Mala taps into powers she never knew she had. She's haunted by visions of the dead girl, demanding justice and vengeance.

DEADLY SECRETS

Landry Prince has always had a crush on Mala, but when Mala discovers his sister, murdered and marked in some sort of Satanic ritual, he wonders if all the rumors about the LaCroix family are true. Yet after Mala uses her connection to the spirit world to identify his sister's killer, he starts to form his own bond to her . . . a very physical one. As they move closer to each other and closer to the truth, Mala and Landry must risk everything—their families, their love, and even their lives.
Who won't fall in love with the cover of this book? I really loved it and it is catchy. Simple but elegant. Whoever is the designer, he/she did a really good job in here. Anyway, I am not sure how will I review this book. I am having a hard time. 

Well, this book made me re-think if I will continue reading or not, it is not because the book has a bad story or the book doesn't fit in my criteria, but it is because the book is kinda creepy to me. The talk about ghosts and possession creeps me out and "a dead body floating in the bayou", what can you expect about that??? It was scary!!! I imagined right away but *applause* to my bravery I finished it and it was worth it. Seriously, it was worth my time. I love how the book was written, well described so my imagination works really well. I like everything from the creepy part of the story up to the romance part. I like the puzzle in this book. I was reading but I am also trying to fit everything to solve the mystery of who killed Landry's sister. Every time the clue is given I'll try to connect the scenes then guess and the twist of the story is really nice who will think that will happen in the end of the book? The ending made me sad and happy at the same time.

I mentioned romance, yep! But this romance isn't just the normal ones. Love triangle kind of romance. Two guys and one girl, George, Landry and Mala. Their relationship is not like the one in other books, it is full of denial but it is obvious that they like each other. They are trying to keep the "friends" relationship but it is not the way I (the reader) see it. Reading their story is like watching them and I honestly find it entertaining. I am curious who will be Mala's man at the end and this book one is such a cliffhanger!!! So I am excited to read the next book soonest!

Such a good experience to read this book, and now I am looking forward for more!!! Will Mala embrace the power she has now? Will every thing change between George, Landry and Mala? who knows? I have to read the next sequel for now, this is the one I have.

This is a mystery, romance, thrilling kind of book that makes the reader excited and turn the pages over and over. It makes the reader think and try to solve the case. The book is awesome as it is.

My Ratings


Angie Sandro was born at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. Within six weeks, she began the first of eleven relocations throughout the United States, Spain, and Guam before the age of eighteen. 

Friends were left behind. The only constants in her life were her family and the books she shipped wherever she went. Traveling the world inspired her imagination and allowed her to create her own imaginary friends. Visits to her father's family in Louisiana inspired this story.

Angie now lives in Northern California with her husband, two children, and an overweight Labrador.

Sign up for my newsletter to get information about my upcoming new releases, exclusive excerpts, giveaways,http://eepurl.com/9xH8X


Source: Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...