Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Book Review: Everneath by Brodi Ashton


Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Published: January 24, 2012
Publisher: Balzer + Bray



Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her boyfriend—before she’s banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance—and the one person she loves more than anything. But there’s just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he’ll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.

As Nikki’s time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole’s queen.

Everneath is a captivating story of love, loss, and immortality from debut author Brodi Ashton. 
I am having a hard time to express how much I loved this book! I found myself flipping the pages until I reached the end, my heart feels heavy because so many things happened. This book is stunning, heart breaking yet fun to read. Another thing that I loved about this book is the mythology parts and the love triangle. This book is like a battle of love.

I love Nikki/Becks' and Jack's love story. It has something extra ordinary, as a reader I could feel their love to each other no matter how they tried to hide it, no matter how they avoid it and no matter how they tell themselves that they're not together anymore, that they're just friends, you'll see the opposite. They're so in love and they can't hide it to anyone. Jack's love to Nikki is really amazing and wonderful at the same time. Nikki, I don't enjoy how she hid her feelings for Jack, because it is obvious that it is killing him slowly. Then Cole comes in the picture, he loves Nikki, he wants her to be the queen but he also loves Nikki or so I thought but he is the type of guy who is aggressive and controlling (what do you expect from someone that comes from the Everneath yeah?) All in all, their love triangle is not the one you'll hate. It made me curious more.

I don't want to make a summary because I might spoil everything, but reading the entire book gave me a heavy heart.

"Maybe when someone forgives someone else so many times, he reaches to a point when he can't anymore" 

Those lines I believe is true, there are times when we reach to the point where we are so tired to forgive someone and no matter what he/she did or do to us has no value anymore. It was seriously tiring and you just want to let things go instead of discussing it.

SPOILER ALERT!!! 

because... the ending... is really heart breaking! It broke my heart into pieces to the point where I don't know if I will continue reading the next book right away or I will wait for another day because I'm too shocked to what happened. (BUT trust me, I still read a few chapters before I go to sleep because I can't help it, I have to know what will happen next!)

SOOOO ... yeah, that's my review of the first book EVERNEATH. The review for the second book will be up sometime this week.

My Rating


I write Young Adult novels. I eat cinnamon bears. I love me some Diet Coke. 

My debut book EVERNEATH (the first in a trilogy) comes out Winter 2012 with Balzer and Bray (Harper Collins).

I'm represented by Michael Bourret at Dystel and Goderich Literary Management.

Source: Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...