Thursday, February 19, 2015

Book Review: Where The Road Takes Me by Jay McLean


Title: Where The Road Takes Me
Author: Jay McLean
Published: February 10, 2015
Publisher: Skyscape



Chloe has one plan for the future, and one plan only: the road. She’s made a promise to herself: don’t let anyone in, and don’t let anyone love her. She’s learned the hard way what happens if she breaks her rules. So she’s focused on being invisible and waiting until she can set out on the road—her dream of freedom, at least for a little while.

Blake Hunter is a basketball star who has it all—everything about him looks perfect to those on the other side of his protective walls. He can’t let anyone see the shattered pieces behind the flawless facade or else all his hopes and dreams will disappear.

One dark night throws Chloe and Blake together, changing everything for Blake. For Chloe, nothing changes: she has the road, and she’s focused on it. But when the so-called perfect boy starts to notice the invisible girl, they discover that sometimes with love, no one knows where the road may lead.

"The Road", that's what Chloe mentioned on this book and that's what she's planning to do and with that, I remembered one of the books I've read, that book focuses on discovering herself while she's on the road it was nostalgic when I read Where The Road Takes Me. I had so much fun reading this.

The story is inspiring, catchy and ravishing. Chloe and Blake's romance is something that every girl wants to have. Chloe is the kind of girl who just keep herself hidden from everyone. She likes her own privacy and she has her own plans after graduation and that is going to the road but, Blake comes into the picture and that changes everything. No matter how she avoided this guy, she knows how attracted she is to him. Blake is the famous basketball player hunk of their school. He has a dream of his own but then his father doesn't want that for him. Her mother was a drunkard due to some reasons and with that, Blake's life is some kind of rebellious. Meeting Chloe, is like the best thing that happen to his life. His life changed, his family and the way he sees things, he even learned how to make the right decisions, with Chloe, both of their lives changed into a beautiful romantic story.

Another thing I enjoyed while reading are the inspirational quotes the book has. With that, I had so many highlighted phrases and I'm not sure now what's my favorite line because everything is just so perfect. Every little messages inspired me about life's challenges and love. The book also thought me that you can do anything for love, even though sacrifices has to be made.

"The choice you make has to be yours. It's not something you want to regret ten, twenty, thirty years from now."

"Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared and humble when you are victorious."

I'm gonna try to look for a copy of this in our local bookstore, if  none, online shopping then because this is the kind of book where I will never get tired of re-reading. This is the kind of book where you'll end up wishing there is part two but I guess this one is a stand alone. Well, I won't stop hoping.

I'm seriously having a hard time to review this book because there's no words on how can I express my love for this, no words to express how I enjoyed reading the book. This is perfection and well written.

"You can run, you can hide, you can choose not to see, but where the road takes you will always lead to me."

My Ratings


Jay McLean is the author of the More Series, including More Than This, More Than Her, More Than Him and More Than Forever. She also has two standalones coming soon titled Where The Road Takes Me, and Combative. 
Jay is an avid reader, writer, and most of all, procrastinator. When she's not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her two little boys, or devouring some tacky reality TV show. 
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her smile, make her hurt, and make her feel.
For publishing rights (Foreign & Domestic) Film, or television, please contact my agent, Erica Spellman-Silverman, at Trident Media Group. (less)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...