Monday, September 7, 2015

Book Review: Rules We Like Breaking by Mina V. Esguerra


Title: Rules We Like Breaking
Author: Mina V. Esguerra

Victoria Bennett is in control and in charge all day every day, but she needs help sometimes. Organizing a romantic proposal weekend for her client in Mexico (she’s never been) would be that time – and the only person available to help her is Nathan Grant, notorious heartbreaker. She knows his past and shouldn’t want him, shouldn’t fall for guys like him, but that hasn’t prevented her from lusting after him for years. It’s just one weekend on the beach, away from people they know, alone with the guy who could cause her perfectly coordinated world to crumble. Shouldn’t be a problem, right?

I was granted a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. The book's new title is Tempting Victoria.
Victoria Bennett's story is as interesting as I thought it would be. The time I read the first chapter it's like I predicted something that Victoria will just fall for this guy Nathan, no matter how she denies her true feelings, that theory is also applicable for Nathan. (PS. I don't want to spoil the readers!) Both Victoria and Nathan is such an interesting characters, their in-denials are what makes the story cuter. Another thing is that this book proves the phrase "the more you hate the more you love" and that's what happening to them.

Nathan is like the typical cool but playboy type of guy, but then he is actually the kind of man who every girl wished for. He's sweet and romantic in some way. Maybe that's the reason why Victoria, despite the arrogant side of Nathan, she likes him.
The story is simple yet catchy and the book is such an easy read but enjoyable. I decided to read this book in one day but I seriously want more. Victoria and Nathan are just so cute together. Will there be ... another book??? I hope there is coz, it was like a cliffhanger! Please??? book two?? LOL

I won't say much now aside from I love this book, I love their romance and I love how the author wrote this. The book is enjoyable. 

My Ratings
Mina V. Esguerra writes contemporary romance and young adult novellas. She has a bachelor's degree in Communication and a master's degree in Development Communication, put to good use in her work as trainer and content management consultant. Mina lives in Metro Manila, Philippines, with her husband and daughter.


She finds inspiration in the lives and experiences of other people, so the answer to "Is this story based on you?" is always, always "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...