Sunday, July 17, 2016

Book Review: The Good Mother by A.L. Bird


Title: The Good Mother
Author: A.L. Bird
Publisher: Carina UK
Published: April 4, 2016

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29450806-the-good-mother

The greatest bond. The darkest betrayal.

Susan wakes up alone in a room she doesn’t recognize, with no memory of how she got there. She only knows that she is trapped, and her daughter is missing.

The relief that engulfs her when she hears her daughter’s voice through the wall is quickly replaced by fear, knowing that whoever has imprisoned her has her daughter, too.

Devising a plan to keep her daughter safe, Susan begins to get closer to her unknown captor. And suddenly, she realizes that she has met him before.

The Good Mother is a dark and disturbing psychological thriller for fans of C L Taylor, Kathryn Croft and S K Tremayne.
I've got this book via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review. I was curious with this and so I decided to read and find out what this is all about. The truth is on the first half of the book, I was so close to stop reading it. I was in the edge of giving it up for the reason that I feel like the story is slow. I'm waiting for the excitement and any clues as to what really happened. Who's the guy? Where's Cara? Why was she locked in a room? Why are they imprisoned? Will they get a chance to get out? How? Those questions keeps popping in my head without any answers. But I guess, I'm glad I didn't stop reading. I'm glad I finished it because the answers that I've been looking for was in the other half of the book. The climax, the story twists, it all make sense after reading that specific part. This book suddenly turned interesting. It was a struggle at first but I can say that it is worth my time. It may took me a while to finish it but I'm glad I did. 

Should I do my summary? I feel like I will destroy the fun! But here it is anyways.. 

Susan, a good loving mother was locked in a room without anything but a bed to sleep in. She doesn't recognized where she is and the first thing that she thought was that she's been kidnapped. As a mother's instinct, she immediately thought of Cara, her daughter. She thinks that her girl had been kidnapped too. Days passed without her knowledge and she tried to find her daughter, she tried to find the truth about the captor. Until that day when Susan started to show some familiarity about who her captor was. She knew who he is. He's someone who's so close to her and her daughter Cara. She met him before but she can't remember when and where. Things changed when he mentioned his name. --- 

Sorry! I will not tell you who he is! It's for you to find out because when I was reading this book I was like playing a guessing game. I enjoyed it so far.. and what could I say about the book? Here.. 



My Rating
 
 A.L. Bird (Amy) lives in North London with her young family. She divides her time between writing and working as a lawyer. 'The Good Mother', released in April 2016, is her major psychological thriller for Carina UK (HarperCollins), the fourth novel she’s written for the imprint. Her debut 'Yours is Mine' reached the coveted No. 1 spot in the Amazon Women’s Crime chart. She has an MA in Creative Writing from Birkbeck, University of London, and is also an alumna of the Faber Academy ‘Writing a Novel’ course, which she studied under Richard Skinner. Amy is a member of the Crime Writers’ Association.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...