Thursday, February 13, 2014

Book Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Title: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: December 8, 2013
Source: Paperback International Edition




It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death. 

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist? Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure—a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.


Book one of this book really pushed me to read more. It fascinates me because of the science parts and how different the story was made. I like every scenes and I really imagine everything, though the first book took me three tries before I proceed to reading. Well this book two is a complete opposite, I had a hard time finishing it not because my imagination's not working again but because of my work, I was so busy these days - enough of that - this book really get me hooked. Their search for the Still Blue took so much effort and that effort means there are sacrifices too. This book gave me mixed emotions. 

I had a great time every time I pick up this book and started reading, I don't want to put it down but I have to because I need to do something, it's a hard decision. I love Peregrine more in this book. Also, I like Aria. Reading this book makes me hate some of the characters. It gave me nervous attacks when Aether storm is coming I'm afraid for them. I love also the newly built alliance between the characters. 

What I love most is Peregrine and Aria's love story. I thought I will hate Peregrine here, I thought I will cry at the end of the book, my heart cried but not for Peregrine, it's for Roar. Anyway, I've been mad at Perry for a minute because of Kirra. He's been kind of stupid and all. I just hate that part I don't want to think about it now. Aria changed so much since the book one, she's a fighter and a lover. I love her loyalty and I like her friendship with Roar. Roar on the other hand is still the same man from book one but my heart really cried for him because of Liv. I really can't believe what happened until now. Peregrine and Aria are one of the best couples I've read, distance was bothering them but then it didn't became the problem, their trusts and loyalty to each other overflows. I love how they faced their problems together and managed to save everyone they love. I adore them for being strong. Their love story inspired me.
"Should we try this again?" he asked.
Aria smiled. "The right way," she said, and wove her fingers through his. "Together."
Other than book contents that I really love, the cover is really attractive. It's Peregrine in there and the color background suits him. I love everything here and I won't deny that. I will surely recommend this book to everyone.
Kami Garcia said "Heart-stopping action and romance. I am officially obsessed."
I agree with her after you read the book will think Kami Garcia is right. I'm recalling every scenes I've read while typing my review and slowly I am agreeing to what she said that's why I included it here. The book is not a waste of time. The book walks you around in to a place where you'll enjoy -not the Realms kind, if you know what I mean-. This book is awesome! From the cover to it's content and from the characters to their love to each other. It's adorable, you'll love it instantly.

And now I'm ready for book three! I just can't wait to know what will happen in to the Still Blue.

My Rating


Veronica Rossi's debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, will be published in over twenty-five international markets, starting on January 3rd 2012 in the United States. Film rights to the trilogy have been optioned by Warner Bros.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...