Saturday, June 1, 2013

Book Tour (02): Phoenix by Elizabeth Richards (Black City 2)

 
Title: Phoenix (Black City 2)
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
Published: June 4, 2013
Source: Review Copy
 
Weeks after his crucifixion and rebirth as Phoenix, Ash Fisher believes his troubles are far behind him. He and Natalie are engaged and life seems good. But his happiness is short-lived when he receives a threatening visit from Purian Rose, who gives Ash an ultimatum: vote in favor of Rose’s Law permanently relegating Darklings to the wrong side of the wall or Natalie will be killed.

The decision seems obvious to Ash; he must save Natalie. But when Ash learns about The Tenth, a new and deadly concentration camp where the Darklings would be sent, the choice doesn’t seem so simple. Unable to ignore his conscience, Ash votes against Rose’s Law, signing Natalie’s death warrant and putting a troubled nation back into the throes of bloody battle.
  
This book didn't disappoint me. It is still the best as the first one. No one can disturb me while reading this and I always wait and think what will happen next and so on. I really can't put the book down! It's like I'm part of the story I can imagine every scenes inside it. 

Phoenix is one of the best books that I've read so far. It amaze me how creative it is from the characters up to the storyline. From the first book up to this one? "two thumbs up!". And oh! look at the cover, isn't it nice? For me it is eye-catching and I like it, and the title? you will really ask "why Phoenix?" (That's for you guys to find out). The content of the book is full of emotions specially the part of Ash, Natalie and Elijah. I had mixed emotions there and I feel sorry for that specific character but even if I know the truth I can still feel his pain. And another thing, it makes me worry because of the other colleagues.The rebellion part of the book gave me goosebumps. I kept asking what will happen next? Will everyone survive? maybe not, but who will survive? And the ending of the book gave me hope, what will happen next? I don't know, but I'm so excited about it.

This is really hard, if I didn't control myself I might spill everything out. Haha. The story is too good to read! I really hope this will be out on big screen! I will watch it for sure. 
The second novel of Black City gave me goosebumps and mixed emotions, I really react on the story and I kept asking why and how.  Everything's great and perfect! The book itself is a masterpiece. You know what's the great thing while reading this book? It gave you the superior contentment and happiness. You will feel that you want to read it again and again until you get tired of it. The scenes are breathtaking and exciting. I want more of these series.

 


Elizabeth Richards is an award-winning journalist, who spent her early career reviewing videogames before making the bold (or crazy) move into travel writing, despite suffering from terrible travel sickness.
In her spare time, she ran a successful lifestyle website aimed at teenage girls, where she got to interview many of her favourite bands, go to gigs and basically blag loads of free swag all in the name of ‘research’.
Elizabeth lives in Buckinghamshire, England, with her husband. Black City is her debut novel.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...