Saturday, January 11, 2014

Book Tour: Savor by Kate Evangelista

Title: Savor
Author: Kate Evangelista
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Published: 2013
Source: e-ARC




Mature and explicit content. Not recommended for readers below 18-years-old. Yup, you've got to be that old to read my story. Consider yourself warned.

I’m Dakota Collins, a tough talking, eye patch wearing, workaholic photography student. Why am I important? Well, maybe because I get to spend an entire month with Vicious, only the sickest indie rock band out there.


You see, I needed a subject for my Spring Showcase introspective in order to graduate. During a chance encounter at a club I’d been sent to cover for the Daily Gossip, our ironically named college paper, the features writer I usually teamed up with introduced me to the band—by accident, I might add. It involved a run in with a scary, bald bodyguard. Anyway, long story short, I signed a contract to take pictures of Vicious.


I should have known their handsome yet way too serious for his own good bassist, Luka Visraya, wouldn't be able to keep his hands to himself. He’s gorgeous and all, but the way he smiles spelled trouble with a capital L. I’m in for a long month with him around.


Crazy shit happens and then some. So, if you want the skinny on Vicious and the events revolving around my stay at Lunar Manor, read my story.


Again, refer to the warning above.






Before I proceed to my review, I want to praise the cover of the book, personally, I am very attracted to it. I like the color scheme and the designs, I love this just like Taste I really thought this book is the next sequel but I was wrong. I fell in love with the cover right away and now to deal with the content, I don’t know exactly how I am going to describe my feelings (to Luka? Just kidding haha). This book has a good story and a good concept. I honestly can relate with photography and the band, maybe because I am dreaming to have both professions. I just love photography and editing photos (isn’t it obvious on my blog?) and it’s my dream to have my own band or join a band. Enough of my background LOL. I like the roles of each character it really stands out, not just hey she’s the photographer and here’s the band, every person has different side story. I like how the author gave focus on each one and I enjoyed the photo shoot part, I was like watching a movie and I can imagine them doing the photo shoot, it was so clear in my head, their poses and facial expressions.

Let me deal with the characters, I like Dakota, I honestly envy her for her talent she so into it, and she’s so good at her chosen profession. Many people like her works and I can imagine it clearly in my head. The band that includes Yana, Phoenix, Dray, Demetri and Luka, I like their role here, it was a big switch from Taste to this book (Savor) it’s unexpected. Luka on the other hand has a very big role here, a big switch because I knew him in Taste for being a jolly and happy go lucky, and here I saw his seriousness and so manly. I like Luka here because of him being so protective and he secretly cares.

Moving on, this book falls on New Adult genre, what I read is more like it and the essence of Paranormal was shown at the very end and it was okay though, it’s just that the sudden change of the story leaves so many questions behind and I want answers and I have to wait for the next sequel. I was glad that this book not just focuses on New Adult, the story was still there and you’ll enjoy it (I personally can’t take too much New Adult). Back to what I said about questions, some were answered here in this book but some are not, there so many mystery behind and that includes a lot more Dakota and the Vicious band. I guess a long wait will start today.

This book is worth of your time, I enjoyed everything, so many hidden secrets but I am looking forward to the revelations. So much excitement it caused me and I enjoyed my Christmas off because of this book! Thank you for letting me join the tour and thank you to Kate Evangelista for this book, it’s awesome! I had fun.

My Rating



When Kate Evangelista was told she had a knack for writing stories, she did the next best thing: entered medical school. After realizing she wasn't going to be the next Doogie Howser, M.D., Kate wandered into the Literature department of her university and never looked back. Today, she is in possession of a piece of paper that says to the world she owns a Literature degree. To make matters worse, she took Master's courses in creative writing. In the end, she realized to be a writer, none of what she had mattered. What really mattered? Writing. Plain and simple, honest to God, sitting in front of her computer, writing. Today she lives in the Philippines and writes full time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...