Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Review: We’ve Always Got New York by Jill Knapp


Title: We've Always Got New York
Author: Jill Knapp
Published: November 20, 2014

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23435580-we-ve-always-got-new-york

Sometimes you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be…
I remember reading the first book and how much I enjoyed that book and I was looking forward to reading the second one and I’m lucky to be chosen as one of the beta readers of this book We’ve Always Got New York, to be honest I enjoyed reading this one too. 

The story of this book is more on the love triangle view, but everything turned out great as the story goes on. I was still in love with Michael’s sugar coated words towards Amalia. He’s really a cool guy for me but then he’s unpredictable while Hayden is a guy who a girl wants to have. He’s understanding and kind. He loves Amalia so much to the point where he could wait for her no matter how long it takes. He’s awesome! It is hard to choose between Michael and Hayden but I think, Hayden here got the ninety points of my vote! (I love him already).

This book doesn’t just focus on love relationship but also on friendship. I can relate there though. Amalia’s bestfriend Cassandra, turned to be someone who she doesn’t even know anymore. Things changed between them but the reason is unknown. Amalia tried to fix things between them but then it doesn’t turned out to be a good approach. Cassandra always shows how uncaring she is and she just focused on her work. I feel like there’s something she doesn’t want to say to Amalia. On the other hand her friendship with Olivia gets stronger. They get along so much lately and Olivia’s own relationship is so perfect. No matter what happened between her and Alex (her boyfriend), things turned really good at the end. I was so amazed how strong their bond is together.

There’s one thing about this book though, it’s a cliffhanger! But I bet it is worth the wait. I am looking forward to the next book. Who’s the lucky guy for Amalia? Will there be another side story about Olivia? Will Cassandra and Amalia be still friends at the end? What really happened to Cassandra?

There are some of the questions I have in mind when I finished reading this book. Once again I was hooked with the story and I am so interested on how things will end.

This is so beautiful, that’s the first word that slipped in to my mind after I read everything. I’m really excited for the third book.
My Ratings



Jill Knapp-Zitron, a native New Yorker, is the author of the Chase series (New Adult/ Women's Fiction) and a former adjunct professor of Psychology at her Alma Mater Kean University. A regular contributor to the Huffington Post, Knapp-Zitron reports on entertainment, relationships and the differences between city and suburban lifestyles. She received a Masters in Psychology from the New School For Social Research in Manhattan, and taught figure skating for over a decade. She currently lives in North Carolina with her husband. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...