Saturday, March 9, 2019

Big Bad Wolf in Manila, 2019


Hey guys! There were lots of book sales last month, February but I think this Big Bad Wolf is one of the biggest and people were really looking forward to this. I myself was so excited and I really don't know what to buy first because, book budget! Anyway, this year's Big Bad Wolf held at the World Trade Center in Pasay City. It was open for 24-hours and to be honest, even around 1:00AM to 5:00AM,  I was told that people really visit! Insane isn't it? Every one wants to get dibs on the book sale because it was really cheap! 


I was, one of the lucky book lovers who were given a VIP pass. Thank you to my friend, Sarah, for giving me that. I felt like it was the best Birthday gift ever! (I'm such a kid!!! LOL) anyway, during the VIP day, I went with friends and I went home around 12midnight! I had to give up some of the books and I had to think if I will really read those before I leave them at the corner. During the first day, the line was long and it was so hard to roam around because, I was overwhelmed with all the books. I felt like, I just wanted to buy lots of Young Adult books but of course, I had to choose (that was the hardest part ever!) This year was great though, so many young adult books like 10 or more tables out there that's dedicated for that genre only. I picked up books for myself and I was so happy to score some good Young Adult books, Historical and Business books. Every thing was worth it! I also picked up books for some of my friends and of course comics to my man, Frank. He liked them, Teen Titans fan. His comics, aren't in the photo below. 

First book haul on VIP day
After all the crazy book haul on a VIP day, I decided to come back for the last time. I told myself I won't buy much because I already did that, but I end up buying more. Not as much as the VIP day, but still... I'm a little out of budget but I don't regret anything, those are books!!! I loved this month. I have another haul that isn't in this photo though, I will just share that in my Instagram. Check my second book haul below, this time more Thriller/Suspense books and a Rick Riordan book

Second book haul
Aside from the good experience about this book fair, I just noticed a few things that isn't fun to see. These comments might affect my blog traffic but, I have to speak. I knew we all want to have first dibs on the low prices books and what made me sad is that, some people hoard so much and I feel like they're not thinking about the others who really is a bookworm or a book lover who is eyeing for some specific books that he or she likes. Some people buys so much and then they will sell it online with increased prices. It isn't bad to resell I know, but it was like they somehow doubled the price. I feel bad for those who are really a fan of a specific author and poof, the book is out-of-stock. I was thinking what if... Big Bad Wolf put a rule about books with same titles, each people can only have two (2) or three (3) maximum of purchase? I guess that could be a good rule. I guess, some people should be considerate, it makes me question will they really these books? That was a lot.. or.. if they sell it online, are they gonna be nice to not have a higher price? Hopefully, next year would be better. I saw lots of comments online both Twitter and Facebook platforms that they had complaints, do these people who hoard too much books even read the complaints of the people? Guess not.

Anyway, enough of the bad experiences, all in all I am so glad for my book haul this year. I don't regret buying anything, to be honest I am so excited to read all of these books. I am hoping to have more time for all these lovelies! I wonder if I'll finish all of them this year? Well who knows! I'm just hoping to read as much as I could. And of course, I'll post my reviews here on my blog once I'm done.
 

What about you all? What's your Big Bad Wolf experience this 2019? Or, what's your book haul for February? I would love to see all your books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...