Sunday, June 30, 2019

Book Review: Heartache and Hope by Jay McLean



BLURB:

Ava Diaz needs saving.
She just doesn’t know it yet.
Just like she doesn’t know a thing about the boy she sits next to on the first day of senior year.
He thinks she’s a brat.
She thinks he’s entitled.
Maybe first impressions don’t always last…
Because Connor Ledger’s about to save her.
He just doesn’t know why.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45457966-heartache-and-hope

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. No payments made between me and the publisher.



It's been a while since I read a Jay McLean book. Her works are one of my automatic pick. I loved the way she writes and I love how her works excites me. When I heard about Heartache and Hope, I automatically tried my luck to be one of the reviewers. I'm so happy when I received an email regarding this book! I honestly stopped the other books I'm reading and started with this right away. The first few chapters got me hooked already! This book was really hard to let go, I just keep reading and reading and my curiosity just got bigger and bigger. What will happen next? that's the only question in my head.

I love the characters as well, Connor Ledger and Ava Diaz, both have dark pasts and both are carrying weights on their memories but, both of them also wants to save each other using their own way. Connor is a high-school varsity player who lives with his dad. Their only goal is to reach the "end-game", for Connor's future. He's a sweet, cool guy who focuses on whatever his dad tells him to do. Ava, people thinks pitiful of her with all the things that happened to her mom. She's an amazing lady who try her best to live each day even if every day is a big battle. Ava's a loving person, sweet and a strong willed woman. Connor and Ava love team is beautiful and inspirational. On their young age they become each other's support system which some people doesn't even know how to give. Despite the studies, basketball and Ava's situation they still are managing to be the person they wanted to be even if it's a borrowed time. But, things shifted so fast between them. Their relationship becomes something that's uncontrollable, with all the pressure and the promised goals, will they survive? that's usually my question and that's the readers must find out. 

Heartache and Hope is beautiful, buoyant and beguiling. I could say this is one of the best books I've read in the past six months. I'm looking forward to Heartache Duet book two (2), more Connor and Ava romance. One more thing, I love the book cover! I do love basketball and knowing Connor is into it, I was like, "I'll definitely read that!" I love everything about this book one!!! If possible I'll give it 10/5 rating! 

"Love should make people stay. Love should make you want to keep the people who hold that love near." 

" ... sometimes, love isn't enough."


My Ratings




Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel.

Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in her dream home where music is loud and laughter is louder.


Source: Goodreads



5 comments:

  1. Such a stunning read. I completely began to look all starry eyed at Connor and Ava. Their story is unquestionably loaded up with feelings and apprehension. From start to finish you will pull for these two and FEEL for them ghost writers for hire | Professionalghostwriter.com Another must peruse by Jay McLean! I can hardly wait to peruse book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    VM1M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...