Sunday, March 15, 2020

Book Review: Me Myself & Him by Chris Tebbetts




When Chris Schweitzer takes a hit of whippets and passes out face first on the cement, his nose isn't the only thing that changes forever. Instead of staying home with his friends for the last summer after high school, he's shipped off to live with his famous physicist but royal jerk of a father to prove he can "play by the rules" before Dad will pay for college.

Or . . . not.

In an alternate time line, Chris's parents remain blissfully ignorant about the accident, and life at home goes back to normal--until it doesn't. A new spark between his two best (straight) friends quickly turns Chris into a (gay) third wheel, and even worse, the truth about the whippets incident starts to unravel. As his summer explodes into a million messy pieces, Chris wonders how else things might have gone. Is it possible to be jealous of another version of yourself in an alternate reality that doesn't even exist?

With musings on fate, religion, parallel universes, and the best way to eat a cinnamon roll, Me Myself & Him examines how what we consider to be true is really just one part of the much (much) bigger picture.


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29752011-me-myself-him

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. No payments made between me and the publisher.



I've seen this book from Facebook and Twitter so, when I got the chance to request this on NetGalley, I really didn't think twice and try to get a copy and, it's an honor to have my request granted. I was really curious about this book since from the start, as far as I remember, I haven't read a book with an alternate universe yet (and if I do, it's not a lot since I can't remember LOL). Anyway, this book was a good read. It made me realize some things personally especially when I'm thinking about life and what's the worse thing that could happen...right? 

I like the characters, especially Chris. I feel like you really traveled to his world and how he thinks. It's sort of confusing at some points but everything is good. I somehow can relate to his life about his dad though. I knew how hard things are and how to pretend everything is okay but it's not, and one day, it will just feel like everything is alright and things are working well. I think, there's no such thing as permanent when it comes to this. Good things happen, yeah?

"A problem is a problem, and when it's not addressed, it gets worse. Sometimes, that's not about the substances, but about the way our choices impact our relationships with other people. Everyone's here for their own reasons."

I really enjoyed reading this book, a parallel universe where you have other possibilities yet, both endings could turn out good or it could be the opposite but whatever is the outcome, I think, it all points back to the decisions we made.

Anyways, I am looking forward for more books from Chris Tebbetts. I really had a great time with this one and the book cover is interesting. I loved it. Once again, thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity.

"I don't need every little thing to be predictable," she went on. "I know God has a plan for me, and that's very comforting."

My Ratings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...