Thursday, March 19, 2020

Bookworm Life while in Quarantine

Hello bookworms!

Welcome to another random thoughts post. I believe, we're all experiencing the enhanced community quarantine due to Covid-19. No schools, employees are on work from home mode, no one should get out of their homes unless getting your necessities (e.g. groceries, medicines, etc.) but all of the malls are closed. Is it just me or anyone here thinks it's also a relief for the environment? and for our tiring social life? I have this introvert side soooo I am so much affected and relieved, thanks to social distancing (kidding). 

On a serious note, I am worried for most people specially the affected ones. I'm having this anxiety every time I go out of the house until I return. I keep on telling myself that I can't be sick since I am prone to asthma and allergies. I think, this virus is not just affecting our lungs or physical aspects of life but also mentally. I hope and pray that people like me, specially those mentally challenged people are okay. This will all be temporary. You guys will be fine. Just stay at home and always practice the proper hygiene and every thing will be alright. I may not be in a proper position or an expert to tell all these things but, at least just a reminder for some, I could help. 

So, for this blog entry, I'll share my routines as well on how to fight my own anxiety. Some might not be applicable to others but at least you'll have some ideas. 

  1. READ BOOKS - since I started working at home, all I'm thinking was, finally I could get some time with reading. I have a lot of pending books to read and my TBR is very long so maybe this is the time to read them one by one. I also made a list specifically for this quarantine days. 
  2. CLEAN YOUR BOOKSHELVES - during this time, I am putting this task as one of my priority because I really can't remember when was the last time I had my shelf cleaned up. Aside from that, it's a sad thought but I need to let go some of my books so I have to sort them out.  
  3. WATCH ON NETLIX - do you have some movies or tv series that's been added to you list for a long time? I guess now is the time to start watching those. I did the same thing and during my free time that's the only thing I do. 
  4. DO YOUR JOURNAL - have ever think of making a journal? to some it's called diary and yes I still do that. There are plenty of guides or ideas in the internet (e.g. Pinterest & Instagram). If you're artsy, there's a pretty type of journal that could be your guide. 
  5. DO YOUR HOUSE CHORES - this, I think is really important. I guess it's time for some of us to throw those old clothes, old items from our home. Aside from that, it's time to sanitize things around the house and make time to rearrange things based from your perspective. 

So far, aside from work, I'm doing #1 and #3 and over the weekend I could finally focus on the other things. I still have work stuff to do and that's an 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM kind of work, I just do breaks if I feel tired or something.

Anyways, may you have a good health always and please, take care. If you're sick, make sure to get it checked right away. Don't wait for it to get worse, okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments and reading my blog! I highly appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...